NEW The Foundations of Chinese Medicine Third Edition
The latest edition of this hugely popular volume continues to provide readers in the West with a clear explanation of the theory and practice of Chinese medicine.
Richly illustrated and fully updated throughout, Foundations of Chinese Medicine 3rd edition has been carefully prepared to present this frequently complex subject area in a uniquely systemized manner that flows from first principles to the management of a wide range of disease states.
Now with an accompanying website containing an extensive bank of review and test material, the latest edition of this essential volume has been redesigned to provide a more accessible, up to date feel to the content to enhance the reader's learning experience.
- Based on a unique and invaluable combination of extensive clinical experience, current Chinese Medicine textbooks and ancient sources, in particular, the "Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine" (Nei Jing) and the "Classic of Difficulties" (Nan Jing)
- Abundantly illustrated with over 750 line drawings and more than 1000 tables & boxes designed to emphasize the key facts
- Includes Pinyin equivalents and Chinese characters to make it immediately evident which original term is being translated
- End of chapter Learning Outcomes point out "must know" information
- Cases Studies and Case Histories apply theory to diagnosis and treatment, bringing the subject to life in a realistic context
- An extensive Glossary explains new terms and their origins from translation
- Additional Appendices list Prescriptions, Bibliography and Chinese Chronology
Offering a unique combination of rigorous scholarship together with a wealth of clinical experience, Maciocia's Foundations of Chinese Medicine 3rd edition will be ideal for all students of Chinese medicine, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine as well as qualified practitioners desiring to refresh and/or stay up to date with changes in the field.
- Presents a new way of relating each pattern to a precursor and a consequence.
- Introduces for the first time a unique and inventive new way of learning patterns (syndromes) to help you memorize them.
- Contains a series of learning tools to help you remember patterns and point combinations.
- Includes activities so that you can check and test your knowledge.
- A series of case studies give details of patient symptoms, with a self assessment option so that you can give your own diagnosis and then check the suggested diagnosis.
- Contains over 600 MCQs to help you consolidate learning and prepare for exams.
- There are over 500 true/false questions to help you revise.
- More than 800 short questions allow you to practice writing answers and then check your learning by reading the author's suggested answer.